Friday, April 16, 2010

Instrumentation

This might seem a bit vain, posting pictures of my guitars and such. I'm not even that big of a gearhead and I don't treat any of these as collector's items (because they're not!). Each one serves a purpose. If it didn't, it wouldn't last long before it found it's way onto Ebay or Craigslist. That said, i'd love to see what you're playing too...


Travis' accordian. I play this little guy in The Wobbly Toms. I have no idea of the make / model.


My Uncle Hal's late 1970's Tama acoustic guitar. I've had it for nearly 15 years now and he doesn't want it back, but it's still his guitar. I write the majority of my songs on this one. I've never seen another Tama guitar, as they primarily make drums now.


Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Re-issue. I love this guitar. I like the feel of Fender's more so than Gibson's (probably because I've never had a nice Gibson...) and this has plenty of growl with the dual humbucker configuration. I played 95% of the guitars on "This Sinking Feeling" with this guy. Jake now plays it occassionally in The Eastern Wave.


Marshall JCM 900 Super Lead 100 watt head and JCM 4X12 cabinet. My live guitar rig. All of the guitars on "TSF" were recorded through this. KC bought me the head in 1997 with rolled change (!). It previously belonged to Drew of Strikeforce Diablo / Gus fame...


1976 Gibson Grabber. One of the best sounding basses I've ever come across. I used to think it was in horrible cosmetic condition, but the last few I've seen were completely beat to hell. I currently play this bass in The Eastern Wave.


My brother Jesse's 2002 Fender Squire Precision Bass Special. This bass sounds awesome and feels great. I recorded 10 of the 11 songs on "TSF" with this one.


Jake's Ampeg SVT Classic head and 8X10 cabinet. The industry standard and sole reason for called cops and noise complaints. I swear this rig was made for the Grabber. I currently play this in The Eastern Wave.


My very first pedal board. I've never been one for effects but TEW really calls for sonic weirdness and these help. Left to Right (all Boss pedals): Bass EQ, Flanger, Overdrive/Distortion, Chromatic Tuner. Not sure why I can't get the image to flip. Please rotate your monitor 180 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment